Individuals (former permanent Smelter employees) undertaking training to gain additional skills to assist them in acquiring sustainable employment may be eligible for financial support.
To apply for funding, the following steps must be taken:
- Set up an appointment with a WorkingNB Employment Counsellor to establish an employment action plan (Bathurst – 548-4084 / Campbellton – 759-6666);
- Complete and submit the attached form as directed – incomplete forms will be returned, which may delay an application’s assessment;
- Submit any additional information that may assist in assessing your application (training information, training receipts, etc.).
The committee will meet every two to three weeks to assess applications against established guidelines to determine eligibility.
Cut-off date* to apply for funding: March 31, 2021
- Types of training that may be eligible:
- GED/Adult High School Diploma
- Second Language training
- Red Seal Certification
- Post-secondary training
- Computer skills
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or contact one of the following committee members:
Curtis Hachey – firstname.lastname@example.org / 226-2774
Michel Cotton – Michel.email@example.com / 547-5451
*Training start can be at a later date, but all previous steps and documentation (Employment Action Plan, Application form, etc.) must be completed prior to March 31, 2021.